This Manual of Statistics has been conceived to ease the learning of Statistics. It contains simple explanations of the most important concepts in Statistics with examples. It also explains the the most common statistical procedures for data analysis.
The manual is mainly aimed at Biostatistics, and therefore most of the examples are applied to health sciences. However, the concepts and statistical methods presented are valid for any scope.
Table of Contents
- Descriptive Statistic for one variable
- Descriptive Statistic for two variables: Regression and correlation
- Probability theory
- Discrete random variables
- Continuous random variables
- Parameter estimation: Confidence intervals
- Parametric hypothesis tests
- Non-parametric hypothesis tests
This manual is available in pdf format.
Study flash cards
There is an Anki deck of flash cards to study an remember the main concepts of this manual.
This work is licensed under an Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International Creative Commons License.
You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
Under the following terms:
Attribution. You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
NonComercial. You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
ShareAlike. If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.